9.4.10

Portland--The City of Roses

4/5/10

Dear Readers,
I'm sitting at our place in Portland, enjoying the fantabulous (fantastic/fabulous) view of the city out the clear--slightly dirty--windows.  Gosh, it's a nice view over la ville (aka "the city").  Nonetheless, it's spitting rain like heck and that's about the only thing I DON'T like about Portland.  The rest....is history.  What I really mean is that the rest is great.  The Tri-Met, train-of-sorts, goes all over the city and its surroundings (Lake Oswego, Gresham, Beaverton, etc.) and the price is GREAT (even though no one ever checks and sees if you buy a ticket).  An awesome thing (another, I know!) about Portland is that there are so so many Minis tootling about.  They're made by BMW, they're sticks and they're cute and brightly-colored.  Oh boy I love Nordstrom.  I mean Nordstrom Rack...I can't afford full-priced Dolce & Gabanna clothing (or half-price) or ditto with BCBG clothingwear.  There's a Norstrom and Nordstrom Rack really close to us and we can get off the Tri-Met right where it is.
Good grief, I'm running out of words to type... here's a car like the bug i saw...

(This picture is from speedace.info.com)

2 comments:

  1. Man, you get around! It sounds like Portland was good times. I like your use of the word tootling and the phrase, "it's raining like heck..." Very nice!
    -Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you brooke! isn't tootling an amazing word?

    ReplyDelete